My bro-in-law told me about that around the corner from his place in Parramatta there is a gym that charges $6 per week for membership. On his first trial visit he said most people were standing around waiting in line to use the equipment and checking their mobile phones. I guess they had to update their facebook status "waiting in line again for the curl machine"....followed by a selfie. Boom! You know you want a mirror at the gym!
It's the nature in most humans to seek for good value. Whether it's a gym membership or a car or house, food, clothes or a new job - we want good value if we are to invest our resources.
I know I am in a business where people come and go for many reasons. One reason why some don't stick around is because they feel like they no longer derive any value from membership. Generally the common denominator of these people are:
- No Concrete Goals that wake them up from day to day
- No performance measurement to assess their progress
- No rewards in place when goals are achieved.
If you want to derive value in your gym membership I suggest you think about the three above. For our full-time (unlimited session) members you can make an appointment to sit down with me or Courts to have an in-depth discussion about what you want to achieve over the next year. We will then plan together a path for you to follow. From a fitness perspective I would like to see you consider the following goals:
- Participate in an obstacle course race
- Participate in a sporting event (long walk, swimming event, cycling event, triathlon, adventure race, athletics carnival etc etc)
- Participate in local Olympic Lifting or Power lifting competition
- Participate in CrossFit comps
You will make significant gains if you set your mind to participating in one of the above activities. Above all you will broaden and deepen you circle of friendships.
Looking forward to our one-on-ones.
thanks for reading,
|1) Back Squat|
2) Nate dogg
4 Strict Pull-ups
8 Ring Dips
16 Kettlebell Swings (pick load)
|1) Back Squat|
2) Nate dog
8 Kettlebell Swings (32/24kgs)